Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yipee! I made it to my 100th post!

In the usual blog tradition I have decided to celebrate my 100th blog post with 100 things about me you may or may not know (or even want to). Thanks for making my first 100 posts so rewarding!
  1. I have been married for almost 7 years.
  2. I have one sister who has four kids.
  3. I can tell my mom anything. I think she is so awesome and even growing up I had a great relationship with her.
  4. I used to cry rarely but since becoming a mom I can cry a lot easier now at anything sentimental with my kids.
  5. I love war and epic movies like Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, Band of Brothers (mini-series), Gladiator, 300, etc. My hubby got lucky with me!
  6. I love funny movies but have never really gone to the theater for them. My favs are Old School and Wedding Crashers.
  7. I used to be a movie fanatic and now I'm lucky if I watch a movie every couple of months.
  8. I love the smell of freshly bathed baby.
  9. I hate the smell of smoke on a baby.
  10. I love to watch my hubby reading to my kids. (He does a great job with voices)
  11. I love playing hiding games with my boys
  12. I am a bit of a pack rat and am not good about throwing some things out. I have tons of bags for donation to goodwill for months but haven't quite made it there to drop them off.
  13. I love the feeling of a brand new outfit that is flattering.
  14. I love jewelry, especially necklaces and earrings with silver tones. (I don't mean jewelry store type)
  15. I love getting mail, at least when there is something besides junk or bills in the mailbox.
  16. I have to sleep with some kind of white noise like a fan. Otherwise it is just too quiet.
  17. I like it really dark when I sleep.
  18. I have a hard time sleeping when my hubby isn't there next to me.
  19. I love my mom's baking. Especially her pumpkin bars, banana flips and rice krispie bars.
  20. I can't eat more than a small piece of cake or I have to pick the frosting off. It becomes too sweet. And yet I love cheese cake and frosted brownies. Go figure.
  21. I've never had a pedicure or professional massage.
  22. I'm horrible about getting my hair cut and generally only have three a year. I try to stick with a style where it doesn't really matter.
  23. I don't have split ends.
  24. My sister is only 16 months older than me and I loved being so close in age growing up.
  25. I love the balance poses in yoga but hate anything that uses my core since I'm weak.
  26. I never retained water while pregnant and never had swelling in my feet. But I did get lots of stretch marks. Darn!
  27. I loved being pregnant with my first but was REALLY uncomfortable with my second.
  28. My labor for my first was shorter than my second. (9 hours vs. 19 hours)
  29. I'm an extrovert and love to socialize but I'm horrible about calling people and have to be in the mood to talk on the phone.
  30. I hate math like calculus and geometry but I enjoy statistics, demographics and accounting.
  31. I was happy in high school to make it on the "Hall of Fame" wall in my typing class.
  32. I don't know how to play an instrument but I think I would have been good at it.
  33. I love to dance.
  34. I really can't sing. At all. But I do like to sing lullabies to my kids.
  35. I like to cook but I don't like figuring out what to cook.
  36. I don't mind grocery shopping but I hate coming up with a list or figuring out what to buy.
  37. I love a good deal.
  38. I love high quality clothes and shoes for my kids.
  39. I cringe when I see my kids dirty from daycare.
  40. I don't have to have my house spotless day to day but if anyone is coming over I have to have it super clean or I get embarrassed.
  41. I can't stand to have my kids in stained clothes. Sometimes I will wash something 6 times before I finally give up or they can't wear it anymore anyway because I can't "give up" on a stain.
  42. I do all the laundry in our house.
  43. I never take baths because I don't like our tub enough. I need a really big, newer and very clean tub in order to take a bath.
  44. I don't mind killing bugs but I feel bad for little mice that come into our house. We try to use live traps and let them go far away from our house.
  45. Having 10 deer hanging out in our yard no longer phases me since I'm so used to seeing them.
  46. I love to say I love you to my husband and kids. I must do it 20 times a day at least.
  47. I love hugging, kissing and cuddling my kids.
  48. I love to give tummy blows and kiss baby feet.
  49. My parents have always been very supportive and loving!
  50. I love to clap for and with my kids.
  51. I love being a mommy
  52. I have a four year degree in Business Administration.
  53. I met my husband when I was 16 but didn't marry him until I was 22 and out of college.
  54. I put myself through college.
  55. I've had a job since I turned 16. My longest gap of unemployment was 2 months.
  56. I love chips but if they are in the house they will long go stale before we finish a bag. I usually bring them to work.
  57. I love anything with cream cheese or sour cream.
  58. I'm a sucker for fresh baked breads, rolls, biscuits.
  59. I love blueberry pancakes and eating breakfast for dinner.
  60. I've been to Germany, Mexico, Grand Cayman Islands and Canada.
  61. I love opening the dishwasher and finding it unloaded.
  62. I hate seeing my kids with dirty hands or faces.
  63. I always thought I'd want a girl and be bummed to not have one but after having two boys I 'm o.k. if I never have a girl. (Although it would be nice to experience.)
  64. My husband and I average two dates a year because we have no babysitter.
  65. When I am out on a date with my hubby I miss my kids and we talk about them often.
  66. I wish I could work part time to have more time with my kids.
  67. I think if I stayed at home I would live in lounge clothes. (I love them!)
  68. I never knew what it meant to be willing to give my life for someone else until I had children.
  69. I will be a supportive parent who encourages her children to do what they love, not just what makes them money.
  70. I have a problem asking for help and don't unless absolutely necessary.
  71. I've only borrowed money once for three days.
  72. I like being self sufficient.
  73. I like knowing if I absolutely had to I could support my family.
  74. I have an entrepreneurial spirit.
  75. I am practical but enjoy a good splurge every now and then.
  76. My laundry room is a mess and I'd be embarrassed if anyone saw it.
  77. I don't deal with with chaos in my living room and pick up toys often.
  78. I love seeing the joy on my son's face when he is at the park.
  79. I don't go to rummage sales but I probably would if I knew the one I was going to had good quality stuff.
  80. I love Target.
  81. I rarely go to Wal-Mart but would probably go more if we had a Supercenter instead of a really old one.
  82. I prefer to go shopping for my kids than for myself.
  83. I love having playgroups at my house because I love watching my kids interact with others.
  84. I wish my parents lived closer so that they could see their grandchildren more.
  85. I wish my in-laws hadn't moved across the country so they could see their grandchildren more.
  86. I'm dreading traveling a long distance with my kids but finally feel like they are getting to the age where I could.
  87. I love going shopping with either of my kids, just not as much together.
  88. I like to save and think I could save a lot more than I do.
  89. We rarely go on vacation but I think we need to more.
  90. My favorite color is purple but I also love blue and green.
  91. A big part of my wardrobe is black and gray and yet I do love color.
  92. I think white walls are boring unless there are splashes of color to offset it.
  93. I love taking lots of pictures of my kiddos but I'm rarely in them.
  94. I have never cooked a turkey or a ham. (My mom always cooks holiday dinners)
  95. I've always loved to read.
  96. I love buying books for my kids.
  97. I don't read as often as I'd like since have children and now it is even worse with blogging instead.
  98. I've never mowed our lawn.
  99. I love dark wash jeans.
  100. I never new how much joy I could get from blogging, especially comments.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read more about me! Here's to another 100 posts!

8 comments:

Kiki said...

Congrats on your 100th. I have been blogging for almost a year and my blog number is in the 80's. I look forward to reading and commenting on more of your posts. Take care.
-Kiki

mom2boys said...

Congrats on your 100th post. I feel like I know you much better now..lol
Thanks for sharing! : )

~Belinda

Leslie M. said...

Congrats on your 100th post!! I loved your comments! You are a super mom!! I love purple. I can't sleep in the dark (it scares me)
I DID mow the lawn.. you are not missing anything, I cooked a turkey and a ham.. go veggie.. hahha
I would comment more but it is YOUR 100 not mine!
Congrats kiddo!! YAY for you!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 100th post!!!!

Angie
www.tinytotswithstyle.com

Jackie said...

Congrats on the 100th post!

The Lingo Family said...

Here is to 100 MORE!!!

flavoredmom said...

Fantastic! And I love your 100 items.

UPrinting said...

"I've never had a pedicure or professional massage."
- You should consider getting one now. Moms deserve some pampering, you know?
You did (and do) a lot of things that I haven't done before... I'm so jealous. :(
But congrats on the 100th post! More posts from you, hopefully.

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.