Thursday, April 9, 2009

Show Me the Money! Make More Cents Review and Giveaway

I'll admit that I'm a sucker for anything that involves saving more money whether that be an articles on ways to cut back or make wise money decisions. While I would never classify myself as cheap or frugal, I do enjoy a good deal and making smart money choices. For example, we've never taken out a loan to make improvements on our house but instead pay for them along the way. I think back to childhood and remember asking my Grandpa if he would let me count the massive amounts of change that he had accumulated in this gigantic red piggy bank for "fun". I don't know why but I loved the idea of counting money and trying to guess how much was in there. Growing up I was always careful with my money and was creative to find ways to make it so I could save more. I learned the value of money at a young age I'd like to instill these same kind values in my children. Chris Hayman, business entrepreneur and retail expert of Makes More Cents, wants to do the same.

According to Chris, he began Make More Cents out of his passion for saving early and often and his belief that every penny counts. He feels that saving money is a process, and if taught and encouraged at a young age, can be fun and lead to a life of financial security, even in today’s environment.

Make More Cents offers a variety of products, providing practical and fun tools that encourage the importance of saving money. From ceramic piggy banks, coin sorters, and books, to a savings and money management software program and “Create Your Own Bank Kit,” Make More Cents empowers parents to teach their children the value of saving. They learn skills such as money management, discipline and goal-setting, which translate into prudent spending habits and productive financial lives.

Chris sent me a fun and educational book entitled Pigs Will Be Pigs by Amy Axelrod. While this book is meant to help teach children the value of money and intended for the 5-8 age range, Lucian can certainly enjoy the story now and learn the money counting portion when he is a bit older. I like that this book will grow with him and I certainly enjoy the lesson of how money found around the house translates to a meal out for the family. Since Chris sent me two copies I plan to give the second copy to my eight year old nephew for Easter. He is autistic and has a very hard time learning how to grasp the concept of couting money. I think he will really enjoy this book!

Chris wants to help you teach your children the value of money and the importance of saving. He would like to give one of my readers their choice of any piggy bank on his website. There are a lot styles to choose from ranging from digital to classic to downright silly.

Win it:

Visit Makes More Cents and tell me which bank you would choose if you won. Who would it be for?

Want more entries? (shake your head up and down)
After answering my question do any of the following and leave a comment telling me what you did. Your comment is your entry so please leave the appropriate number of comments for each extra entry.
-Give a money saving tip. Chris may even use it on his website! (1 entry)
-Follow my blog publicly (1 entry)
-Subscribe to my feed in a reader or by email (1 entry)
-Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway (1 entry)
-Fave me on Technorati (1 entry)
-Subscribe to the Make More Cents Blog feed in a reader or by email (2 entries)
-Add my current button to your blog (2 entries)
-Blog about this contest and link back here (2 entries)
-Make any purchase from Make More Cents & come back tell me what you bought! (10 entries)

This contest will end on 4/28/09 at 11:59 pm CST
. U.S residents only. The winner will be drawn via random.org and contacted the next day. Please be sure to leave me a way to contact you if it is not available in your profile. The winner will have 72 hours to respond before I draw another winner.

263 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 263   Newer›   Newest»
Sharon A said...

I love the Jingle Kitty Money Bank. sharonaquilino(at)hotmail(dot)com

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

EZ-Count Money Jar Digital Coin Counter for my son- so he can see that the change in his pocket adds up

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

subscriber

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

follower

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

money saving tip- do the outside circle at the store- dairy- prodce and meat and bakery- skip all the junk and shop alone and if you are gonna use coupons ask yourself do I really want and am gonna use it or is it going to waste on the shelf.

is it a need or want?

mverno said...

Lovely Isabelle Piggy Bank Baseball Piggy Bank
Retail Price $25.00
Our Price $21.95
mverno@roadrunner.com

malleycc said...

I love the Jingle Kitten Money Bank. So cute. My girls could use it to save their money and once a month they could go to the dollar store and use it to teach them the value of saving and how to spend it too.

Anonymous said...

I love the T Doggy Banker Coin Bank
in gray for my son.

samsakara@twcny.rr.com

susan said...

I would love the Airplane Piggy Bank.

susan said...

I follow.

susan said...

I follow on twitter and tweeted. http://twitter.com/susanlanai/status/1487236772

Valerie said...

Jingle Kitten Money Bank is adorable! My friend would love it
KawaiiNeko2008 at aol dot com

darlanpaulsmamma said...

i would pick the ez-count Money Jar Digital Coin Counter for my daughter who is 7 - she is learning about money and counting and saving in school

darlanpaulsmamma said...

i follow

darlanpaulsmamma said...

i subscribe

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

I'd love to win the Miss Gorgeous Annie Piggy Bank for my daughter Emma.
cat at 3kidsandus dot com

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

follower

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

feed subscriber

Wehaf said...

I like the T Doggy Banker Coin Bank.

urchiken at gmail dot com

Abby said...

I really love Jingle the kitten or the money maze. Hard pick!

ajcmeyer AT go DO tcom

casey aubut said...

I like the Miss Gorgeous!
cassandra@aubut.net

Unknown said...

I would choose the Zillionz ATM Savings Bank. Thanks.

kport207 at gmail dot com

Sarah said...

I like the Jingle Kitten Money Bank. It would be for me or one of my cat loving friends.

Vicky H. said...

Oh my gosh~ The Jungle Kitten Bank is so cute that it resulted in me actually typing "oh my *gosh*". Both versions are TOO adorable~!! But I'd prefer the black one because of its blue eyes. And yes, I'd totally keep it for myself. LoL.

lilnamekangelivy[at]aol[dot]com

The Merry Death said...

Jingle Kitty is the cutest ever!
meredycat*lycos*com

The Merry Death said...

My money saving tip is: Instead of buying books, check them out from you local library.
meredycat*lycos*com

The Merry Death said...

follower.
meredycat*lycos*com

The Merry Death said...

Tweet! (Can you tell I really want this?!) https://twitter.com/meredycat
meredycat*lycos*com

Sweetpeas said...

Lovely Isabelle would be perfect for my daughter

Lori A. said...

Very cool! My son would probably like the Zillionz ATM Savings Bank.

ljatwood at gmail dot com

CanCan (MomMostTraveled) said...

I would pick the Zillionz ATM Savings Bank. My husband used to be a bank manager and I think he would love teaching our sons how to use this bank! :)

onlycancan ta hotmail tod com

Ms. Candice said...

My money saving tip is don't be afraid to ask your friends if they have hand-me-down items to pass on to your kids. :)

onlycancan ta hotmail tod com

Ms. Candice said...

I'm following your blog

Lori A. said...

I am a follower.

ljatwood at gmail dot com

Lori A. said...

I am a subscriber.

ljatwood at gmail dot com

Lori A. said...

I have you fave'd on Technorati. (peapie)

ljatwood at gmail dot com

DEBIJOT said...

I like the Easy Count Money Jar.

DEBIJOT said...

subscriber

DEBIJOT said...

follower

Theresa N. said...

choose the Miss Gorgeous Annie Piggy Bank and she'd be for my granddaughter.
Theresa N
weceno(At)yahoo(dot)com

Katrina said...

Miss Gorgeous Annie Piggy Bank is my fav

Anonymous said...

Zillionz Digital Counting Money Jar for my son

D Q said...

I like the spare change piggy bank in black. I would give it to my son.

Dove420 said...

We pick the Zillionz ATM Savings Bank. It would be for my granddaughter and she say's it's "saweeeet"


dove42(at)comcast(dot)net

Dove420 said...

Use coupons and put the money you save in your piggy bank, you'd be amazed at how much you'll save each month

dove42(at)comcast(dot)net

Dove420 said...

I'm following publically

dove42(at)comcast(dot)net

Dove420 said...

I subscribed by e-mail.

dove42(at)comcast(dot)net

Dove420 said...

I'm following you on twitter and tweeted about the giveaway http://twitter.com/Dove420/status/1490946575

dove42(at)comcast(dot)net

Dove420 said...

I subscribed to Make More Cents blog via e-mail.

dove42(at)comcast(dot)net

Dove420 said...

I faved on technorati
(Dove420)

dove42(at)comcast(dot)net

cathirushing said...

EZ-Count Money Jar Digital Coin Counter for my grandaughter

kdkdkd said...

I would love the EZ-Count Money Jar Digital Coin Counter for my son

Anonymous said...

I would choose the Baseball Piggy Bank. It's adorable, my son would love it.

hebert024 at aol dot com

Elsie said...

The Spare Change Piggy Bank with the cork and too-cute eyes is just adorable, creative and so very needed in my house...we seem to put loose change, mostly pennies, anywhere and everywhere! This would be an excellent choice for my household!

pumpkinlady430@yahoo.com

Celeste said...

I like the Mag-Nif Money Miser Coin Sorter bank. I would use it myself! :)

contact me at:
celeste@mail4me.com

Celeste said...

blog follower

contact me at:
celeste@mail4me.com

Celeste said...

(1) got your button

contact me at:
celeste@mail4me.com

Celeste said...

(2) got your button

contact me at:
celeste@mail4me.com

Celeste said...

$ saving tip:
At restuarants, always order water & ask for lemons...add lemon juice to the water and stir in a packet of Sweet n Low - you've got free lemonade :)

contact me at:
celeste@mail4me.com

Unknown said...

I love the Jingle Kitten Money Bank. amsbolda@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

my money tip is screaming penny.com they have amazing deals they send me. amsbolda@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I follow. amsbolda@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I subscribe. amsbolda@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I have your button. amsbolda@hotmail.com

Jen lleras said...

I would choose the jingle kitten bank, she is so cute!

jennifer.lleras@gmail.com

Ginny said...

Jingle Kitten Money Bank

Ginny said...

following

Unknown said...

Love the Spare Change Pig!


Thanks for entering me! Great Contest!

Janna Johnson
janna@FeedYourPigBlog.com
www.FeedYourPigBlog.com

Anonymous said...

i like the jungle kitty bank...id use it for me!
jaimgurl85@aol.com

Anonymous said...

money saving tip---cut up your credit cards!

jaimgurl85@aol.com

Pamela S said...

I would like the digital coin counter for myself!!


pamelashockley at netscape dot net

Jennifer Wilson said...

I love the Zillionz ATM Savings bank. All of our spare change goes toards vacations, and believe it or not, we have our change jar near the guinea pig's cage because he likes to hear the clink of the coins. So this bank would be for the whole family, including the guinea pig!

Anonymous said...

I would choose the Jingle Kitten Money Bank in white. Thanks.
-Terra H.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I'm an e-mail subscriber.
-Terra H.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Carol M said...

The Airplane Piggy Bank would be nice for my youngest grandson.
Carol M
mittens0831 AT aol.com

Carol M said...

I follow your blog.
Carol M
mittens0831 AT aol.com

Carol M said...

I'm subscribed to your feed.
Carol M
mittens0831 AT aol.com

Carol M said...

I should have said that I'm subscribed to your feed in a reader and by email.
Carol M
mittens0831 AT aol.com

Carol M said...

I subscribed to the Make More Cents Blog feed in a reader and by email.
Carol M
mittens0831 AT aol.com

sweetsue said...

I lile the Miss Gorgeous Annie Piggy Bank, I would give it to my granddaughter.
smchester at gmail dot com

sweetsue said...

I follow on Blogger.
smchester at gmail dot com

judybrittle said...

I really love the Miss Gorgeous Annie Piggy Bank. That really is gorgeous! Thank you so much!

judybrittle said...

I'm a subscriber.

judybrittle said...

I'm a follower.

judybrittle said...

I follow on Twitter and tweeted
http://twitter.com/kewpiedoll04/status/1499398305

judybrittle said...

I subscribed to Make More Cents through Google reader.

boojmer said...

I like the jungle kitten.

abfantom said...

I would get the Jingle Kitten back for my daughter.

abfantom (at) yahoo (dot) com

Marlene McGarrity said...

I love the black Spare Change pig!

Marlene McGarrity said...

I follow you on Twitter.

HilLesha O'Nan said...

I'd choose the Baseball Piggy Bank for my son.

lilacbutterfly [at] earthlink.net

Andrea Hatfield said...

I would choose the airplane piggy bank for my boys.

Andrea Hatfield said...

I am a blog follower.

Andrea Hatfield said...

Your button is on my left sidebar. entry 1

Andrea Hatfield said...

Your button is on my left sidebar.
entry 2

tatertot374 said...

I would choose the kitty bank for my daughter as she loves kitties. THank you
tatertot374@sbcglobal.net

Tamara B. said...

Iwould choose the Lovely Isabelle Piggy Bank for my daughter.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

Tamara B. said...

Best money saving tip for my younger children I always pay their allowance on small change. If I give the dollars they would want to spend it faster but in small change thye tend to hold on to longer and they get so excited when they shake their banks thinking with all of that change they are rich.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

Tamara B. said...

I follow your blog publicly
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

Tamara B. said...

I am a subscriber to the Make More Cents Blog feed in a reader
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

Rainey Daye said...

I like the Spare Change piggy bank myself...but if I was gonna give one to my kiddo, I'd pick the Big Fat Pig Bank...he would get such a kick out of it!!

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

My son would love the airplane piggy bank. He is just now getting into money, so I would love to teach him about saving!

Anonymous said...

The Jingle Kitten bank is my favorite, and I would give it to my cat-loving daughter! msurosey@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Tip: When shopping online, always Google for coupon codes; chances are high that you WILL find one. This is true even for the sites you might not consider would have some floating around!
msurosey@yahoo.com

mogrill said...

The Black Spare Change Piggy is adorable. Thanks for the chance.

mogrill@comcast.net

clenna said...

I would love to win Lovely Isabelle Piggy Bank.

clenna said...

Money saving tip: always save your change.

Quiltingranny said...

My grandson loves puzzles, so the money maze piggy bank!

Quiltingranny said...

Tip: Never live on your entire paycheck, live on less than what you make and save the rest!

twbellamy said...

I like the Baseball Piggy Bank.

TWBellamy@hotmail.com

Mia J. said...

I would like the spare change piggy for my daughter.

noreen said...

Miss Gorgeous Annie Piggy Bank is so sweet, wish their was a hippo bank

Heather D. said...

I would get the Zillionz Digital Counting Money Jar for my son. He's a little scrooge! :)

Maude Lynn said...

Lovely Isabelle is my favorite!

Anne said...

the EZ-Count Money Jar Digital Coin Counter sounds great! thanks!

Karen said...

I'd choose the spare change piggy bank. Thanks for the contest.

The Lingo Family said...

I would choose the miss gorgeous Annie piggy bank....

atrain365@hotmail.com

The Lingo Family said...

I subscribed via email.

atrain365@hotmail.com

The Lingo Family said...

I subscribed via email

atrain365@hotmail.com

Sarah said...

I love the baseball piggy bank! It would be for my son!
bs.webster at sbcglobal dot net

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

I would love to win the Jingle Kitty bank for my baby girl (never too early to start saving right?).

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

Money saving tip: Google "Artisan bread in five minutes a day." That recipe is so easy and it makes fancy bread/pitas/pizza crust/etc. for less than buying it at a store.

Anonymous said...

I love the Lovely Isabelle Piggy Bank! My husband and I are looking for a piggy bank for our baby girl we're expecting in August!

supersweeper81 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

My favorite money-saving tip is to not ever spend change--any change we get goes into a container at our house. Oh, and don't ever use one of those money-counters...they're a waste of money!!!

supersweeper81 at gmail dot com

Janet said...

My daughter wants the Jingle Kitty. (white) lol Sweet.

gahome2mom at gmail dot com

Janet said...

following

gahome2mom at gmail dot com

Amanda @ Mommy's Idea Book said...

I would choose the Lovely Isabelle Piggy Bank for my daughter.

amanda@mommysideabook.com

Amanda @ Mommy's Idea Book said...

Money saving tip: Get into the HABIT of saving.

A good way to start for a young person getting a first job is by putting the last 3 digits of their paycheck into a savings account, just to get them in the habit of saving.

As their income grows, the amount can be increased. This is an easy way to get into the habit and easy to remember.

Amanda @ Mommy's Idea Book said...

I tweeted about the giveaway.

amanda@mommysideabook.com

Unknown said...

this would be great! thanks! (I subscribe also)

wigget said...

i would choose the UNC Piggy Bank since that's where my husband and i met

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

I would choose the Lovely Isabelle Piggy Bank.

=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

follow on google reader

=) melanie
http://melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com

Cindy B.of Montana said...

I like the classic piggy banks and would chose the Airplane Piggy Bank
for our 6 year old grandson.

Cindy B.of Montana said...

I'm following!

Cindy B.of Montana said...

E-mail subscriber.

Cindy B.of Montana said...

I follow you on Twitter (sendtocindy) and tweeted.
http://twitter.com/sendtocindy/status/1548203090

Cindy B.of Montana said...

Faved you on Technorati (thebabblingbrooks)

Cindy B.of Montana said...

Button is on the left side of my blog at www.thebabblingbrooks.typepad.com
#1

Cindy B.of Montana said...

Button is on the left at www.thebabblingbrooks.typepad.com #2

Cindy B.of Montana said...

Put any loose change in the piggy bank every night to save some money!

Unknown said...

I put your button on my blog.

Unknown said...

I am a follower.

Unknown said...

Button

Unknown said...

I would pick the lovely Isabelle piggy bank. I would give it to my daughter.

Unknown said...

I love the Jingle Kitten Money Bank

Unknown said...

I follow

Unknown said...

I subscribe

Unknown said...

I have your button

janetfaye said...

I like VT Piggy Bank. It would be for me.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Karen said...

So cute. Love the pig bank.

ktgonyea at gmail.com

vboackle said...

the Mag-Nif Money Miser Coin Sorter bank would be for my husband.

Andrea said...

The Jingle Kitten Money Bank for my son

Unknown said...

The EZ-Count Money Jar Digital Coin Counter for my daughter.

Unknown said...

I have a jar for loose change - once it gets full, I take it to a Coinstar location and exchange it for an Amazon gift card - this way, there is no commission! The only problem is, I never know how much money is in the jar - that's why I picked the ez counter...

Unknown said...

Faved in Technorati (aitmama).

Anonymous said...

I like the Lovely Isabelle Piggy Bank..it would be for my daughter Adelynn who loves to count her money... but she doesn't have a piggy bank to put her money in. This would be perfect.
foxymmarie@msn.com

Miss Spoken said...

I like Isabelle for my daughter
gkstratos@yahoo.com

Miss Spoken said...

Faved (gkstratos)
gkstratos@yahoo.com

Miss Spoken said...

Subscriber x1
gkstratos@yahoo.com

Miss Spoken said...

Subscriber x2
gkstratos@yahoo.com

Jenn said...

I have been looking all over for a piggy bank...love this company!
Lovely Isabelle Piggy Bank would be my favorite for my daughter.
Airplane piggy bank is my favorite for my son.

Jenn said...

Money saving tip -
Once a week, instead of eating out, for a fun night we make our own pizza as a family. It saves money and it is a great bonding time for us!

Sue E said...

I like the baseball piggy bank. I would give it to my toddler because he doesn't have one. Thanks for the chance to win!

sueellison@hcecwildblue.com

Linda said...

I would choose the baseball piggy bank.
lgrieser(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Denise S. said...

I really like the Miss Gorgeous Annie Piggy Bank.

Meg said...

Annie and Isabelle are both very sweet. It would be my daughter's special piggy...one to inspire saving! Thanks!
gomeggo[at]gmail[dot]com

Meg said...

I know, I know, this may sound crazy but my tip is to spend LESS than you make! : ) No more crazy interest fees from buying things on credit when there was no money. Thanks.
gomeggo[at]gmail[dot]com

IE Mommy Blogger said...

I would choose the zillions electronic counter.

Thanks for the fun,
Christine
The IE Mommy
theiemommy(at)gmail(dot)com

IE Mommy Blogger said...

Always remember to teach your children to save at least 10% of their allowance, birthday gifts, etc.


Thanks for the fun,
Christine
The IE Mommy
theiemommy(at)gmail(dot)com

IE Mommy Blogger said...

I follow ;)

Thanks for the fun,
Christine
The IE Mommy
theiemommy(at)gmail(dot)com

IE Mommy Blogger said...

I email subscribe via queensjewels(at)gmail(dot)com


Thanks for the fun,
Christine
The IE Mommy
theiemommy(at)gmail(dot)com

IE Mommy Blogger said...

I follow on twitter

Thanks for the fun,
Christine
The IE Mommy
theiemommy(at)gmail(dot)com

IE Mommy Blogger said...

I faved you on Techno

Thanks for the fun,
Christine
The IE Mommy
theiemommy(at)gmail(dot)com

IE Mommy Blogger said...

I subscribed the MMC blog

entry #1

Thanks for the fun,
Christine
The IE Mommy
theiemommy(at)gmail(dot)com

IE Mommy Blogger said...

I subscribed the MMC blog

entry #2

Thanks for the fun,
Christine
The IE Mommy
theiemommy(at)gmail(dot)com

Andrea said...

My favorite is the Lovely Isabelle Piggy Bank :) and would be perfect for my lil mama :O)

andreanathan AT AOL.com

Andrea said...

My money saving tip- use a credit card where you can get reward points. (but you must be disciplined to pay it off each month) When Christmas rolls around you will have tons of rewards points that you can exchange for money or gift cards. Last year we saved $400 at Christmas time just by doing this! woot~

Andrea said...

Im now a follower :) andreanathan At AOL.com

Andrea said...

I also subscribed yay! andreanathan AT aol.com

covercover said...

I'd like Lovely Isabelle Piggy Bank for my niece

Angela said...

I would choose the Jingle Kitten Money Bank for my niece!
pleaseundress@yahoo.com

Sara said...

I like the Lovely Isabelle Piggy Bank
saradavis1 at gmail

Sara said...

follow on twitter and tweeted http://twitter.com/SaraMama/status/1621852421

Sara said...

follower

sarmil75 said...

I would choose the baseball piggy bank for my son Kurtis

Heather S said...

I like the Lovely Isabelle bank! Thanks

hmahan_0529 @ yahoo dot com

Heather S said...

and I follow you! Thanks

bison61 said...

EZ-Count Money Jar Digital Coin Counter for my grandson

tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

Mimi the kitten said...

Ooooh - I ADORE the Jingle Kitten Money Bank (which looks like MY kitten!). It would be for me. :-)

Thanks for the fun, and God bless you.

Jinxy and Me said...

I would like the Jingle Kitten Money Bank for my nephew

Jinxy and Me said...

I'm a follower!

Amber said...

I'm following your blog!

Roxy said...

I'd choose the Spare Change Piggy Bank.

hockiemack@hotmail.com

Roxy said...

blog follower

hockiemack@hotmail.com

chromiumman said...

i'd love the Spare Change Piggy Bank, to give to youngest

Erma said...

I would love the chance to win,thanks.
erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

bloggytreasures said...

I would choose EZ-Count Money Jar Digital Coin Counter for the whole family.

bloggytreasures said...

I'm subscribed to your feed.

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 263   Newer› Newest»
 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.