
I've heard the first step to overcoming an addiction is to openly admit it. "Hi, my name is Emilie and I'm a book addict!" Wow, that feels good to get off my chest. I don't have to hide it anymore.
Seriously, I do have a lot of books for my kids. I should take my boys to the library and check out books to read new ones but I don't. I take the even easier (and more expensive) route of buying them.
With two boys so close in age there really hasn't been much of a need to get my youngest toys and they are starting to clutter the house. We do buy a couple special for him but we try to limit it. Our older son needs toys because they have to grow with him. But what do you buy the younger son who doesn't need any more toys? Books. A lot of books. Never mind that his older brother has also always been a huge fan of books and we already had a nice collection built. But who would say, "Oh no, not another book?" I know as the reader of these books, I do appreciate something new and different to read. But is it necessary? They still have their favorites and while it is nice to discover a new favorite it still becomes a hassle to keep them organized.
Perhaps I did buy a few too many books for Warren for his first birthday, as my mother so kindly pointed out. Therefore, I'd like to give away one of the many adorable books I bought for him. He won't even know he didn't receive it. Trust me.
I'm giving away the board book, Skippyjon Jones Shape Up. You can read a review over at Amazon and decide if this would be a hit in your house. It looks like a winner to me!
Win it:
To enter simply tell me your child's favorite book OR the book you most enjoy to read to your child or a loved one.
Want more entries?
After answering my question do any of the following and leave a comment telling me what you did. Your comment is your entry.
Seriously, I do have a lot of books for my kids. I should take my boys to the library and check out books to read new ones but I don't. I take the even easier (and more expensive) route of buying them.
With two boys so close in age there really hasn't been much of a need to get my youngest toys and they are starting to clutter the house. We do buy a couple special for him but we try to limit it. Our older son needs toys because they have to grow with him. But what do you buy the younger son who doesn't need any more toys? Books. A lot of books. Never mind that his older brother has also always been a huge fan of books and we already had a nice collection built. But who would say, "Oh no, not another book?" I know as the reader of these books, I do appreciate something new and different to read. But is it necessary? They still have their favorites and while it is nice to discover a new favorite it still becomes a hassle to keep them organized.
Perhaps I did buy a few too many books for Warren for his first birthday, as my mother so kindly pointed out. Therefore, I'd like to give away one of the many adorable books I bought for him. He won't even know he didn't receive it. Trust me.
I'm giving away the board book, Skippyjon Jones Shape Up. You can read a review over at Amazon and decide if this would be a hit in your house. It looks like a winner to me!
Win it:
To enter simply tell me your child's favorite book OR the book you most enjoy to read to your child or a loved one.
Want more entries?
After answering my question do any of the following and leave a comment telling me what you did. Your comment is your entry.
-Follow my blog publicly (1 entry)
-Subscribe to my feed in a reader or by email (1 entry)
-Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveway (2 entries)
-Add my button to your blog (2 entries)
-Blog about this contest and link back here (3 entries)
-Add my button to your blog (2 entries)
-Blog about this contest and link back here (3 entries)
This contest will end on 3/17/09 at 11:59 pm CST. U.S. residents only. The winner will be drawn via random.org and contacted the next day. Please be sure to leave me a way to contact you if it is not available in your profile. The winner will have 72 hours to respond before I draw another winner.

128 comments:
My ds loves "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein! Me too! : )))
Thanks so much for this fabulous give~away! : )))
leahita[at]gmail[dot]com
have always loved the pokey little puppy
shopannies@Yahoo.com
following
shopannies@yahoo.com
subscriber
shopannies@yahoo.com
blogged about the giveaway http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2009/03/giveaway-contest-found-march-3.html
shopannies@yahoo.com
button on my blog
shopannies@yahoo.com
Right now my daughter likes The Fairy Who Couldn't Fly.
gkstratos@yahoo.com
where the wild things are
Pinkalicious
ajcmeyer AT go DOT com
We are huge book lovers in our house, too!! My son brought Hiawatha Passing home from the schoo library a couple of weeks ago and we loved it! Definitely one I'm going to purchase.
ljatwood at gmail dot com
I am a public follower. :)
ljatwood at gmail dot com
I am an email subscriber. :)
ljatwood at gmail dot com
I'm such a book lover! I think it's so important to read to my boys. The favorite at our house for the little guys is Mouse Mess by Linnea Riley. I have three boys who could each recite the entire thing by the age of three. And great art, to boot.
Thanks for sharing the Skippyjon Jones book. They love him too.
Almost anything Dr. Seuss is welcome in our house, especially I Can Read With My Eyes Shut! thank you.
Elizabeth Y.
mrsgerbil@hotmail.com
We actually love the regular Skippyjon Jones book and read it all the time here so this would be wonderful to win! My daughter really likes Dr. Seuss also, especially Cat in the Hat and There's a Wocket in my Pocket.
mandee220(at)aol(dot)com
dr seuss
Right now my daughter loves Goodnight Moon.
treflea4 at gmail dot com
Follower!
treflea4 at gmail dot com
We're into ALL of the Dr Seuss books!
oh my we read alot i would have to say the first book i ever read to my kids would be our fav goodnight moon
i follow you
i get newsletter
Our favorites are Click Clack Moo and The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
Goodnight Moon is a family favorite here!
urchiken at gmail dot com
Goodnight Moon is our favorite as well.
rsgrandinetti(at)yahoo(dot)com
oldest loved the wonderful wizard of oz
My daughter's favorite book is Fancy Nancy
yzgirl4[at]verizon[dot]net
I subscribe
yzgirl4[at]verizon[dot]net
I follow
My daughter has a lot of favorites. I enjoy reading Skippyjon Jones to her. I think he is the cutest.
laurieahigh at yahoo dot com
I love all things berenstein bears.
tifg45@excite.com
Our favorite book "Guess how much I love you"
Our fave is Brown Bear.
Too Many Toys by David Shannon is a favorite around here. We don't own any Skippyjon Jones books here. Would love one!
I like to read "The Flea's Sneeze" to my kids :-)
My son loves "Ten little ladybugs" - thanks for the chance! alicedemske at hotmail.com
I just became a subscriber - thanks! alicedemske at hotmail.com
I added your button to my sidebar - my blog is at www.alicedemskehansen.blogspot.com - thanks! alicedemske at hotmail.com
I just blogged about your great giveaway at www.alicedemskehansen.blogspot.com - good luck to me! alicedemske at hotmail.com
My son's favorite book, and one I love to read, is "If I were a Polar Bear." It's a full-sized pop-up book that is as catchy with its writing, as it is in design.
"If I were a Polar Bear, I'd be so proud. When I reached the pole, I'd growl out loud. But adventure awaits, so off I'd go. One step ahead of my tracks in the snow."
msurosey@yahoo.com
My olderest loves Where the Wild Things Are and Harold and the Purple Crayon. The newest book to be a hit is Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Mole. My youngest loves the That's Not My Monster (and the other versions, not my dinosaur, not my dragon, not my puppy ...)
I always love reading the Each Peach Pear Plum book.
samsakara@twcny.rr.com
my son love cliffords hiccups
green eggs and ham is my favorite
Cloudy with chance of meatballs was my most favorite book! I loved the place it took me to ~ it made me laugh ~ and the illustrations were fantastic.
Anything by Dr. Seuss !!
ktgonyea at gmail.com
My daughter likes her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse book. Thanks.
gahome2mom(at)gmail(d)com
subscribed:(Google Reader)
gahome2mom(at)gmail(d)com
Button on blog: abc listed:
gahome2mom(at)gmail(d)com
http://lovingheartdesigns.blogspot.com/
2 Button on blog: abc listed:
gahome2mom(at)gmail(d)com
http://lovingheartdesigns.blogspot.com/
my daughter's favorite book this week is Everyone Poops. She loves pointing out all the poop in the book! Thanks :)
the giving tree is our favorite kid's book
We like to read the Kissing Hand and Madeline.
I love to read books to my grandchildren or any other children that may come to my house. I keep a collection of books just for that purpose. One of my favorites is "Brown Bear Brown Bear" because it is simple and on the second reading the child can start to help "read" the story. The pictures are bright and attractive and the text is short and simple so it appeals to those with a short attention span also. It is just a great all around book!!
I enjoy reading Goodnight Moon!
jessicabcote@gmail.com
Our favorite book to read together has to be Cordouroy. I read it so many times when I was a kid and now my daughters love for me to read it to them too! Thanks so much for such a wonderful giveaway!
Eloise
furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net
I am also subscribed via email.
Eloise
furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net
I am also a follower on your blog.
Eloise
furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net
I am also following you on Twitter and I tweeted:
http://twitter.com/furygirl3132/status/1293093288
furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net
I love curious george books. yyeres(at)gmail(dot)com
Please include me in your giveaway. My grandsons favorite book today is Barnyard Dance, but it seems to change each day.
Thanks
Debbie
debdesk9@verizon.net
I am a follower.
Thankd Debbie
debdesk9@verizon.net
my favorite is Lafcadio, the lion who shot back
my grandson loves The Very hungry Caterpillar
tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com
House the jack built is my sons favorite book.
my grandson likes good night moon.
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is my big girls favorite. And I STILL love reading Goodnight Moon to my baby! Thank you!
I love to read Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey. Can't wait until my son is old enough for it!
I'm following your blog now. (thanks to brimful curiosities)
My niece loves "if you give a cat a cupcake" and we have a huge book that has a bunch of "curious george" stories in it that she also likes! Thanks for entering me.
Our favorite book is Goodnight Moon.
I follow.
I follow on twitter.
I tweeted. http://twitter.com/susanlanai/status/1303605358
I love to read my daughter Goodnight Moon!
Hop on Pop was my daughter's favorite. To keep the tradition going, it was the first book I bought for my granddaughter...who would LOVE this Skippyjon book.
my son's favorite book is called "No, No, Noah!"
I love to read them the Little Critter Books
rosans4@comcast.net
I follow you
rosans4@comcast.net
My daughter loves "The Pigeon" books - they are cute!
My kids LOVE the book, "It´^s Pajama Time" and "Birthday Monsters". Actually, most any book that rhymes.
laikilu@yahoo.com
We love Skippyjon Jones and the Big Bones! I'm a book addict, too.
elissa at huebert dot org
We love all the shel silverstein books, especially Lafcadio
Right now my granddaughter always wants me to read her the Disney books she received for Christmas. Tonight was The Jungle Book 2. Thank you!
I'm a subscriber.
I'm a follower.
At present my son's favorite book is The Sneetches by Dr Seuss
Where is My Mother is a fave.
Got your button.
http://justanothernewblog.blogspot.com/
We love the going to bed book by sandra boynton!
i love goodnight moon
Green Eggs and Ham!
Perfect giveaway! My dd's in love with books, so picking just one is really tough! Probably the one we read the most these days is her new Bible for Toddlers. She loves the pictures and being able to turn the pages for us!
goodnight moon
My son loves the book Mouse Mess!!
wendyriedell at yahoo dot come
we love go dog go in our home
Hey girl! You have fabulous giveaways! What a treasure trove!! My little guy's favorite book is "All Aboard the Dinotrain" complete with roaring sounds! I love SkippyjonJones and haven't seen the Shape Up book. Looks super fun!!
I'm off to add you to twitter and give a tweet!
Our favorite, the one the kids still love to hear before bed, is Goodnight Moon.
vmlay@artsci.wustl.edu
My son has had lots of favourite books but his current fave is "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom". They read it at his preschool and he insists on including it in his bedtime stories every night, even if he has to "read" it to himself!
I subscribe to your e-mail feed now too!
My daughter love a book called Barnyard Banter.
babychooch (at) gmail {dot} com
Holy smokito!he poochitos are big here,too!
But my favorite of all of our books is The Tale of Custard the Dragon by Ogden Nash.
lkziegler[at]gmail[dot]com
My preschool class is split. The girls love Pinkalicious and the boys love Superhero Alphabet
anything blues clues...
"Goodnight Moon"!
theyyyguy@yahoo.com
Right now Wee Man is going through the Dr. Suess phase... So anything by Dr. Suess... However, he has few other books that make it into the nightly rotation...
Hippos go Berserk!
I'm a follower!
My little guys favorite book is "Where is Babies Belly Button." Thanks, and I am a book addict too.
My 5 yr old son loves green eggs and Ham
My favorite kids book (and the first one we bought!) was Tuesday by David Wiesner
My grandson loves to read so I'd love to win this for him. Thanks for having the wonderful giveaway.
dianad8008 AT gmail DOT com
My youngest daughter loves the book, Alice the Fairy. When my girls were younger their favorite book was Mr. Brown Can Moo Can You?
Thank you!
How much do I love you - is a great book
My kids both love hearing me read "What do you do with a kangaroo?" to them. It's a great book because it's funny and the illustrations are SO cute!
miranda_e19[at]yahoo[dot]com
I LOVE to read Roger Podger's Upside Down Day out loud.
I got your feed!
I enjoy reading "Ten Little Fingers" to my son!
I'm a subscriber
I'm a follower
We love to read shel silversteins where the sidewalk ends to our girls.ashlyn@chuparkoff.com
My daughter enjoys "The Going-To-Bed Book".
What a cute lil' book! I know, I have that same problem with buying books for my daughter. But I never have too many. ;-)
Our favorite book to read together is "Oh the Thinks You can Think" by Dr. Seuss. :-)
Thanks for the giveaway!
ladyufshalott at yahoo.com
I'm a follower!
ladyufshalott at yahoo.com
The Giving Tree
We LOVE Skippy John Jones! Our favorite is the one where he goes to Egypt.
I am a very, very, very big bookworm. I own close to 800 (and counting!) books. My son's collection is about close to 300 (and he's only 2 and a half!).
We love books at our house. We also love libraries (but not as much as owning books!)
Collin's favorite book right now is a new one we borrowed from the library, but will probably purchase because he loves it so much: "Penguins" by Liz Pichon.
I follow your blog.
Another book I love to read to him: "It's Time to Sleep My Love" by Nancy Tillman
I subscribe via email.
And we LOVE the entire "Pigeon" series by Mo Willems. Especially, "The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog"
Post a Comment