Barking Mad is having a fun giveaway for an awesome Twilight package and the rules include writing a post titled "Betcha Didn't Know..." and tell all my readers something you didn't know about me and then linking back to Barking Mad.Coming up with a "betcha didn't know" is a bit tougher than I thought. But are a few things I betcha didn't know:
My due date for Lucian was 8/24 which happens to be my wedding anniversary. He was born two days early on a Tuesday. We took him home on our anniversary.
My due date for Warren was 2/14 which happens to be Valentine's Day. He was born two days early on a Tuesday. We took him home on Valentine's Day!
Weird. If we have a third child I have no idea what date would symbolize love. Maybe the date we starting going out? Mother's Day? Hmm.... of course we'll have to plan that! (or not)
I have a funky baby toe that barely has a toenail at all. It is very difficult to paint or cut and I try to choose sandals that cover it.
I also have a purplish birthmark on my upper back that I've always been self conscious about. It has been mistaken more times than I can count as a huge bruise and it becomes awkward when I have to explain it is simply a birthmark. "Oh my gosh! What happened to your back? Are you ok? Yeah, it's just a birthmark. Thanks for noticing and drawing attention to this embarrassing mark on my back. I love a reminder of what I can't see and occasionally forget." You will not find me with an open back dress or my hair up with a scooped back top. My poor mom was thought to be abusing me as a child when we went to a on call doctor. Sorry mom. :)
Wish me luck on this contest. I'm a huge True Blood/Charlaine Harris/Sookie Stackhouse series fan and I've been told that if I like that I will love Twilight. I don't know what it is about vampire stories but I usually love 'em. Buffy the Vampire Slayer was always a winner with me!

2 comments:
I do wish u luck - I am a fan of vampire shows as well, I especially enjoyed the latest that was cancelled out after the writers strike Moonlight. I thought they were doing a good job of introducing vampire trivia into the show as it was building story.
I do wish you luck on the Twilight contest.
But...I might be the only person out there, that... okay...I will just come out and say it I do not like the Twilight books
((ducks head down in fear of getting things thrown at her from rabid Twilighters))
I read a lot. A LOT. And I was so excited to read these books. They fell incredibly short of my expectations. Perhaps it's all the hype around them. Maybe I expected more.
If you do get around to reading them, let me know what you think about them.
Post a Comment