About 8 years ago a college friend introduced me to pomade. I was complaining about the horrible static my hair had and it was driving me nuts. At the time I didn’t put anything but a little hairspray in my hair and frankly didn’t have a clue what pomade was. She swore it works great to keep your hair from going all over the place.

For next few years I tried many different pomades before I finally found the perfect one for me. Pantene Pro-V Texturize! Texture & Shine Defining Pomade was just right. I like that it works wonders to keep my thick hair in place and really adds a little something extra to my layered hair. My method is to add just a little to my ends and roots when my hair is still damp and then I work it through my hair before blow drying. It works great to keep a slightly damp and styled look. WARNING: It only takes a little bit and it is very important that you really work it through your hair. I have been careless before and it left a little blob. It creates a very greasy, sticky spot that will drive you nuts. (You will all day be drawn to that little slick spot, running your fingers through it in a vain attempt to work it in until you give in and wash it when you get home.) I suggest blending it into your fingertips a bit first so you don’t start with one big glob.

After blow drying I follow it up with Pro-V Restoratives Frizz Control Anit-Humidity Hairspray . I discovered this a couple summers ago when my hair was constantly going flat with the high humidity. I now use this year round. Interestingly enough, I don’t have frizzy hair and am not in high humidity except for a couple of months a year but I love it anyway. It works to keep your hair in place but does not leave that, “My hair is so crunchy because I used this great AquaNet hairspray and continued to spray past the point of gagging on the aerosol smell and doesn’t it look so good standing up like this?” look. My hair keeps its shape but still feels soft. It also has a fairly pleasant smell in comparison to other sprays. Highly recommend this if you are looking for some hold but still want to run your fingers through your hair without getting them stuck.
I know I sound like a total walking Pantene ad. This is not a requested review but actually what I have found works for me. Feel free to post your own hair tips or if you try either of these products out, let me know what you think!

1 comments:
AquaNet- LMAO! Must you date us...lol I'm having a 80's flashback!!! Glad you found something that works- don't forget about hair product build-up. Read my Shampoo post and get the recipe.
Rachel Ferrucci
http://Touchdbybeauty.blogspot.com
http://touchd.net
Post a Comment